Vesicash is an instant digital escrow service provider that ensures payment security for everyone involved in a transaction. Everyone in the Vesicash terms of usage may be Individual Merchants or their customers, Marketplaces or Big Corporates as the service may require.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Rights to Amendment
Personal Information that we collect
To have access to the Vesicash platform and services, it requires you to have a Vesicash account. When you register for the Vesicash account, you voluntarily supply us with some personal information which we collect by lawful means. Personal Information refers to the information you provided to us during Sign Up or any information that may be used to identify or contact you anytime e.g.( Name, email address, Country, Phone number, Business name etc.). Personal Information can be divided into the following categories;
Identity, Profile and Contact information - includes first name, middle name, last name, company details and ownership information, username or similar identifier (whether Vesicash user created or government issued), password, pin code, title, date of birth, gender, profile pictures or avatars, government ID documents, biometric data, residential or business address, electoral roll and residency information, delivery address, billing address, email address and telephone numbers, social media information about you and your contacts (if you decide to connect your social media profile with us), payment details to and from you with other Vesicash Users, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses. We may collect additional information from or about you from third party sources such as merchants, data providers, financial institutions (including credit and credit information services) where permitted by law in connection with the Services;
Financial and transactional information - includes bank account, funding instruments, payment card details, information in performing the Services, Identity, Profile and Contact Data, financial account information about you and other Vesicash Users, information about and from other financial products you have, details about payments to and from you with another Vesicash User, other details of products and services which are linked to payment transactions, funding instruments used to complete transactions;
Usage and Experience information - includes (i) Device Information, Usage Data and Geolocation Information, (ii) details about your interaction with our website(s) and another Vesicash User including communications, payments, reviews, customer services communications (iii) other details of products and services which are linked to payment transactions including any description and any pictures you or a Vesicash User provide or upload as part of our functionality to safeguard transactions, and(iv) funding instruments used to complete transactions, your experience and behaviour information in interacting with us and our website(s) primarily to improve your experience when using the Services.We will also capture, use and process information you or another Vesicash User gives us if contact is made with our customer service team, for example in a case of a complaint or dispute with you and another Vesicash User. If you request or participate in optional site features, or request enhanced Services or other elective functionality, we may collect additional information from you. We will provide you with a separate notice at the time of collection, if the use of that personal data differs from the uses disclosed in this notice;
Marketing and Communications information - includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
How Your Personal Data Are Being Collected
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions- You may give us your Identity, Profile and Contact Data and Financial and Transaction Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Use our Services;
- Make any enquiries about us or our Services;
- Create an account on our website;
- Subscribe to our Services, communications or publications;
- Request marketing to be sent to you;
- Enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- Interact with our Customer Services; or
- Give us some feedback.
Third parties or publicly available sources- We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources, for example using(i) credit reference agencies, government databases, data analytics and other screening providers to be able to identify you or monitor transactions or verify the goods and/or services subject to any transaction and to comply with our legal obligations or perform the Services to you and other Vesicash Users; (ii) third party dispute resolution providers we use or are legally required to deal with; or (iii) other Vesicash Users who are party to a transaction with you.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may process your personal data for a variety of reasons that are justified and are allowed under data protection laws in the European Economic Area and Switzerland which forms the legal basis on how we process your personal data. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- To operate the website(s) and provide the Services to you and other Vesicash Users including:
- Send, request, fund and authenticate a payment transaction and payment order (as defined in our Customer Agreements);
- Authenticate your access to your account or the funding or release of a payment order;
- Communicate with you about the Services, the website(s), or Vesicash;
- Create an account connection between your account under the Customer Agreements and a third party account, platform or financial institution;
- Perform identity and financial standing checks, financial and other risk related enquiries and monitoring, evaluate applications, compare information for accuracy, risk and verification purposes;
- To manage our business needs, such as monitoring, analysing, protecting the integrity and improving the Services offered and supplied to you and other Vesicash users, and improving the Services and the website(s) performance and functionality. For example we analyse Vesicash User behaviour and interaction and perform research about the way you use our website(s) and our Services;
- To manage risk and protect you and other Vesicash Users from financial crime , for example by verifying your identity, banking, payment and other financial details, products and goods subject to any transaction(s) and helping to detect and prevent financial crime, attacks and abuse of our website(s) and Services;
- To comply with our obligations and to enforce the legal agreements relating to the use of our website(s) and the Services, including to comply with all applicable local and international laws and regulations;
- For our legitimate interests including:
- Allowing us, other third parties and legal enforcement bodies who have a legitimate interest, to enforce the legal agreements relating to our website(s) and our Services;
- Manage our everyday business needs, such as managing risk, analysing, monitoring and protecting Vesicash, you and other Vesicash Users;
- Anonymise personal data in order to provide Aggregated Data to third parties, including other businesses and members of the public, as well as for own use, about how, when, and why Vesicash Users visit our website(s) or use our Services;
- Where it is necessary for ourselves or those of a third party and your interest and fundamental rights not to override such legitimate interests;
- Where we need to comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email, post or text message.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. With your permission, we may:
- Market to you by delivering marketing materials about Vesicash products and Services and any products and services of unaffiliated third party businesses. We may though process personal data to tailor the Services or website experiences to better match our understanding of how you use our Services or match your interests;
- Provide you with location-specific offers, services, promotions, search results advertising and other personalised content. We may also use location-specific or geolocation functionality through the Services to enhance the security of our website(s) and the Services, including ensuring we are offering the Services in the correct location.
You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by and free of charge. We will allow you to do this by updating your preference through our website(s) or mobile application or you can contact email@example.com.
Protecting Your Information
Vesicash protects your personal information using global security standards against loss or theft, as well as against any unauthorized access, risk of loss, disclosure,copying, misuse or modification. We render all your information via Secure Socket Layer called Transport Layer Security (TSL). We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Disclosures of your personal data
We may have to share your personal data or other information about you with others in a variety of ways as described in this section. We may share your personal data or other information for the following reasons:
- Other members of the Vesicash corporate family. We may share your personal data with members of the Vesicash family of entities to, among other things, provide the Services you have requested or authorised; to manage risk; to help detect and prevent potentially illegal and fraudulent acts and other violations of our policies and agreements and to help us manage the availability and connectivity of Vesicash products, website(s), Services, and communications;
- With other companies that provide services to us. We share personal data with third-party service providers that perform services and functions at our direction and on our behalf to be able to make available our website(s) and Services. These third-party service providers may also provide you with our Services, verify your identity, assist in processing transactions, send you advertisements for our products and services, provide customer support; to monitor your interactions with our website(s) and other Vesicash Users;
- With other financial and commercial institutions we have partnered with. We share personal data with other financial institutions that we have partnered with to either jointly create and offer products or service, or to be able to offer our Services. These financial institutions may also use this information to market and offer Vesicash-related products, unless you have given consent for other uses or you already have a relationship with such financial or commercial institution;
- With other parties to transactions or facilitating our Services, such as other Vesicash Users, marketplaces, dispute resolution providers, merchants and other third party service providers or website(s) who have integrated our Services. We may share information with the other Vesicash Users you are sending or receiving funds from, and marketplaces, merchants and other third party service providers or website(s) who have integrated Vesicash Services you use to pay for goods or services, or independent dispute resolution service providers. This information includes:
- Personal data necessary to facilitate the transaction;
- Personal data to help resolve disputes and detect and prevent fraud; and
- Anonymous data and performance analytics to help selected third parties to help them better understand the uses of our Services and help merchants, marketplaces and other third party provides or website(s) who have integrated our Services to help enhance user experience;
- With other third parties for our business purposes or as permitted or required by law. We may share information about you with other parties for Vesicash’s business purposes or as permitted or required by law, including:
- If we need to do so to comply with a law, legal process or regulations;
- To law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, a court order or other legal process or requirement applicable to Vesicash or Vesicash’s corporate family;
- If we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal data is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- To protect the vital interests of a person;
- With credit agencies and data processors for credit reference checks and anti-fraud and compliance purposes;
- To investigate violations of or enforce Customer Agreements or other legal terms applicable to any Services;
- To protect our property, Services and legal rights;
- To facilitate a purchase or sale of all or part of Vesicash’s business;
- In connection with related services for purchases made using our Services whether through Vesicash directly or through other third parties who have integrated our Services;
- To help assess and manage risk and prevent fraud against us, Vesicash Users and fraud involving our website(s) or use of our Services, including fraud that occurs at or involves our business partners, strategic ventures, or other individuals, marketplaces, third party websites who have integrated our Services and merchants;
- To banking or other financial partners as required;
- To companies that we plan to merge with or be acquired by; and
- To support our audit, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
With your permission: we will also share your personal data and other information if you authorise an account connection with a third-party account or platform. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
Device Information means data that can be automatically collected from any device used to access the website(s) or Services. Such information may include, but is not limited to, your device type; your device’s network connections; your device’s name; your device IP address; information about your device’s web browser and an internet connection you use to access the website(s) or Services; Geolocation Information; information about apps downloaded to your device; and biometric data (e.g., Touch ID/Fingerprint to verify your identity or to authenticate a transaction).
Geolocation Information means information that identifies, with reasonable specificity, your location by using, for instance, longitude and latitude coordinates obtained through GPS or WiFi, your IP address or cell site triangulation.
Legitimate interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
Personal data means information that can be associated with an identified or directly or indirectly identifiable natural person. “Personal Data” can include, but is not limited to, name, postal address (including billing and shipping addresses), telephone number, email address, payment card number, other financial account information, account number, date of birth, and government-issued credentials (e.g., driver’s license number, national ID, passport number).
Process means any method or way that we handle Personal Data or sets of Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, and consultation, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction of personal data.
Services means any products, services, content, features, technologies, or functions, and all related websites, applications and services offered to you by Vesicash under the Customer Agreement.
Vesicash Users means an individual who uses the Services or accesses the website(s) and has established a relationship with Vesicash (for example under the Customer Agreement) or otherwise uses the Services as a buyer, seller or other type of participant to a transaction.
Website(s) means the websites, mobile apps, official social media platforms, or other online properties through which Vesicash offers the Services and which has posted or linked to this Privacy Notice.
Usage Data means information we collect from your phone, computer or other device that you use to access the website(s) or Services. Usage Data tells us how you use the website(s) and Services, such as what you have searched for and viewed on the site(s) and the way you use our Services, including your IP address, statistics regarding how pages are loaded or viewed, the websites you visited before coming to the website(s) and other usage and browsing information collected through Cookies.